This role is expected to begin as a remote position, paid relocation to Pärnu will begin once the probation period has ended.
Gamecan is looking for a talented Game Economy / Monetization Designer to join our team to design and drive monetization strategies, products, and initiatives that deliver real value to players. The role will focus on in-game initiatives to increase revenue and conversion while protecting our player-first values.
This will be a hands-on role with lots of time spent communicating with the Analytics team for insights from granular player data and working with design and development to find the best monetization solutions for our players.
- At least 3 years of experience in monetization, economy design, business, or related experience.
- Experience building in-game bundles, sales initiatives, and other monetization products.
- Thorough knowledge of video games and game economies with deep insight into non-destructive game monetization.
- Familiarity with online gaming communities + an understanding of player behavior.
- Excellent problem-solving, time management, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, where brief and precise observations and proposals are the norms.
- A passion for not only playing video games but also reverse-engineering their revenue systems.
- Design in-game item shop strategies, bundles, and monetization-related features appropriate for our unique product and brand.
- You will work closely with Design on progression, unlocks, and economy, and with Art on new content definition & production.
- Propose workable initiatives to analytics, marketing, and development teams that increase revenue while maximizing value for players
- You are the day-to-day contact for all internal teams in building and delivering monetization features.
- Learn from and integrate analytics recommendations for features and future monetization initiatives
- Monitor trends in the game monetization field to inform industry best practices within our player-first lens
- Curate ongoing products and systems like the in-game store to maintain or improve ARPU and other primaries KPIs
Good to have
- Experience as a system designer, preferably with game economies.
- Some scripting experience.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine.
- Some experience interacting with MySQL and databases.
What do we have to offer
- The office is in a new development right in the center of Pärnu, providing a sub 15min commute and proximity to all the stores and restaurants.
- Adjustable desks – stand, sit, squat, or hang from the ceiling!
- Powerful desktop machines to work on – the PC waits for you, not the other way around.
- 1Gbit/s internet speed in the office, typically 300Mb/s at home.
- We are crazy about taking time off with new and old video games, a day at the spa, sauna, or the beach (yes, Pärnu has a kickass beach!). A rested developer is a happy developer!
- The team is phenomenal – nearly 50 people who are amazing to each other.
- The living costs in Pärnu are extra low. Even the most expensive apartments in the center have their rent of around 400-500€ per month.
- The living environment is probably one of the best in the region. Check it out yourself: https://youtu.be/V9FkzRMihUk
- We work in a nurturing company culture where personal growth is highly valued. Your professional skills will also get buffed at the speed of light.
- We help you with relocation every step of the way to make sure it’s as smooth as possible.
- We offer a wide range of benefits, including gym membership, Spa discounts, and monthly cab credit.