This role is expected to begin as a remote position, paid relocation to Pärnu will begin once the probation period has ended.
Gamecan is looking for a Junior Game Designer to join our team to learn, design, and drive monetization strategies, products, and
initiatives that deliver real value to players. The role will focus on the design documentation, testing features, and providing feedback to
bolster your future within Gamecan. This will be a hands-on role with lots of time spent communicating with the design team for insights
from granular player data and working with design and development to build the best game possible for our players
- At least 1 year of experience in a Junior Game Designer role.
- Strong passion and solid video games background – knowledge about new market trends but also about retro gaming.
- Solid knowledge of Game Design including game mechanics, level design, and UI/UX.
- Good knowledge of Business models, monetization psychology, and monetization strategy.
- Welcomes criticism and collaborates well as part of a diverse team, innovating without losing sight of the gameplay vision
- Understanding of the multiplayer gaming landscape
- Excellent problem-solving, time management, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, where brief and precise observations and proposals are the norms.
- A passion for not only playing video games but also reverse-engineering their revenue systems
- Performing game designing tasks as assigned by Senior/Lead Game Designer; or producers; constantly trying to improve the quality of
game design work.
- Creating and managing documentation, prototyping goals, and communication plans in collaboration with production staff.
- Balancing and adjusting gameplay experiences in order to ensure the critical and commercial success of the products
- Understanding and documenting supplementary “virtual features”, such as in-game item shop strategies, bundles, and monetizationrelated features appropriate for our unique product and brand.
- You will work closely with Design on progression, unlocks, and economy, and with Art on new content definition & production.
- Overseeing gameplay testing to ensure the intended gaming experience and game adherence to the original vision.
- Providing Design feedback to programmers and artists to ensure the final quality of the game: gameplay polish, and ergonomics.
- Monitor trends in the game monetization field to inform industry best practices within our player-first lens.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Good to have
- Experience with game scripting and/or programming
- Experience with game reward systems.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine.
What do we have to offer
- The office is in a new development right in the center of Pärnu, providing an easy commute and proximity to all the stores and restaurants.
- Adjustable desks – stand, sit, squat, or hang from the ceiling!
- Powerful desktop machines to work on – the PC waits for you, not the other way around.
- 1Gbit/s internet speed in the office, typically 300Mb/s at home.
- We are crazy about taking time off with new and old video games, a day at the spa, sauna, or the beach (yes, Pärnu has a kickass beach!). A rested developer is a happy developer!
- The team is phenomenal – nearly 40 people who are amazing to each other.
- The living costs in Pärnu are extra low. Even the most expensive apartments in the center have their rent of around 400-500€ per month.
- The living environment is probably one of the best and safest in the region. Check it out yourself: https://youtu.be/vJEAY3e4TBI
- We work in a nurturing company culture where personal growth is highly valued. Your professional skills will also get buffed at the speed of light.
- We help you with relocation every step of the way to make sure it’s as smooth as possible.
- Because we care about our employees mental and physical health, we offer the chance for free visits to the psychologist, gym membership and Spa discounts.
- In addition, we help you with everyday commuting by providing a monthly cab credit.