This role is expected to begin as a remote position, paid relocation to Pärnu will begin once the probation period has ended.
Gamecan is looking for a talented Senior Game Designer; you will oversee the Gameplay Design team, guiding their work and leading by example with plenty of hands-on design work. You’ll provide feedback, support junior team members, and work with the production team to build a compelling product roadmap.
You will work to create a unified game experience, communicating through documentation, presentations, and direct communication with your team. You will ensure all stakeholders have understanding and buy-in with your designs and provide the clarity that your team need to deliver their best work.
You will regularly be part of peer-reviews and be relied on to give clear critical feedback of those you work with, and correspondingly take on feedback from your team to help each other grow and improve.
- 3+ years of experience as a Game Designer.
- Good understanding of the midcore / hardcore f2p game design
- Deep shooter experience: as a player or as a game designer.
- Deep player empathy, and an understanding of player motivation and behaviour.
- A strong, and broad understanding of game design concepts, with an emphasis on game systems.
- Industry experience in a shipped multiplayer title in a senior role.
- The ability to work autonomously without close supervision.
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of industry trends in genres, gameplay, business models.
- Experience of prototyping gameplay mechanics using UE4, Unity, or similar.
- Skilled in writing clear, concise design documentation.
- Adept at collaborative working.
- Applied math skills to support systems design, analysis & balance.
- Strong problem-solving skills including lateral thinking.
- Working with meta and core gameplay. Focus here may differ depending on the current team’s priorities and backlog
- Handle ownership of translating the high level game vision and design direction into tangible gameplay elements which work in concert with each other and with the other core disciplines (LD, narrative, level, art, sound and tech) to create compelling and fun game experiences for the player.
- Designing of large features, systems, and content for the new project in collaboration with the Design Discipline
- Collaborating with other departments within the project to ensure positive communication and cross-discipline problem solving
- Using input from research, data analysis, and other teams to deeply understand customers and drive design decisions.
- Work with production to provide support with scoping, progress updates feedback on high-level plans
- Provide mentoring and guidance to other designers and individuals on the team
Good to have
- Experience in creating first or third person shooters.
- Prototyping experience.
- Unreal Blueprints, or scripting/programming skills.
- Experience of people-management and mentoring.
- Games-as-a-Service experience, especially use of data to inform design decisions.
What do we have to offer
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work with a talented and passionate team in the video game industry. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration
- The office is in a new development right in the center of Pärnu, providing an easy commute and proximity to all the stores and restaurants
- Adjustable desks – stand, sit, squat, or hang from the ceiling
- Powerful desktop machines to work on – the PC waits for you, not the other way around
- 1Gbit/s internet speed in the office, typically 300Mb/s at home
- We are crazy about taking time off with new and old video games, a day at the spa, sauna, or the beach (yes, Pärnu has a kickass beach!). A rested developer is a happy developer
- The team is phenomenal – over 40 people who are amazing to each other
- The living costs in Pärnu are extra low. Even the most expensive apartments in the center have their rent of around 400-500€ per month
- The living environment is probably one of the best and safest in the region. Check it out yourself: https://youtu.be/vJEAY3e4TBI
- We work in a nurturing company culture where personal growth is highly valued. Your professional skills will also get buffed at the speed of light
- We help you with relocation every step of the way to make sure it’s as smooth as possible
- At Gamecan, we prioritize the well-being of our employees by providing comprehensive health and wellness benefits. These include complimentary access to mental health professionals, gym memberships, and exclusive spa discounts to support both mental and physical well-being
- Additionally, our in-house professional masseur is available to help alleviate stress and promote relaxation
- To celebrate the joyous occasion of welcoming a new family member, we extend a special bonus of 1000€ to our employees as a token of our heartfelt congratulations
- Annually, we host a rejuvenating summer retreat, bringing together our global team members for a relaxing and enjoyable experience
- We incentivize employee referrals with a rewarding bonus system for successful hires
- Gamecan employees receive free complimentary access to Full Cycle Game Academy courses, while their immediate family members — parents, siblings, and children — benefit from a 50% discount on these educational offerings
- To further enhance our employees’ daily experience, we provide monthly cab credits, making the commute to work more convenient and stress-free
Due to GDPR reasons, we do not accept CVs sent via email. Please use our Career page or the relevant link directed in the job ad, to apply. Thank you!