This role is expected to begin as a remote position, paid relocation to Pärnu will begin once the probation period has ended.
Gamecan is looking for a Senior Lighting Artist whose sole mission is to take charge of the lighting and produce the quality of results and productivity for our upcoming Sci-fi multiplayer title. You’ll need both a high-level technical understanding of real time lighting workflows and a well-developed, cultured artistic eye to be successful in the role. The role will require you to ensure that the correct workflows are being adhered to and giving artistic mentoring and guidance where needed. You will also need to be comfortable encouraging and motivating a team to ensure tasks are completed in the scheduled time, as well as working closely with counterparts in the technical departments to ensure that efficiency and budget goals are met.
- 3 years of experience creating Lighting Art, with a preference of working from prototype to final on a shipped console or PC game
- Portfolio examples of beautiful environments you have built that show your understanding of lighting, composition, shape and colour
- Baked and real-time lighting techniques in modern game engines.
- Expert understanding of lighting, shape, composition, colour and layout
- Proficiency in video game development tools, pipelines, and workflows
- A deep knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Excellent understanding of PBR lighting basics, material authoring and shaders.
- Good technical understanding of game engines and strong awareness of the performance and optimization
- Self-motivated with excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- A collaborative approach to communication: you are experienced in delivering clear, concise messages that are easily understood by all disciplines, as well as any external partners
- Researching and implementing new techniques and procedures to improve game asset quality
- Helping improve and refine shader, texture, lighting quality
- Creating materials and support and existing material systems.
- Participate in look-development around key materials/shaders to ensure lighting delivers against visual reference
- Place, tweak and script light sources within the environment and tweak shaders/material and textures to improve the perception of the lighting
- Prototype the use of lighting technology to reach the visual targets define by the art direction
- Work with the Technical Art team to create tools and workflows that streamline the lighting pipeline
- You’ll work with the Art director and programmers to define and sell in request for new tech features, optimization and improved editor workflow
- Work with Environment, Design and Effects teams to polish, troubleshoot and deliver breathtaking level and gameplay experiences
- Analyzing and improve art asset inefficiencies to optimize console and PC performance
Good to have
- A working knowledge of rendering engines such as Arnold or Cycles would be useful.
- Experience with Niagra is a plus
- Scripting experience is a plus
What do we have to offer
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work with a talented and passionate team in the video game industry. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration
- The office is in a new development right in the center of Pärnu, providing an easy commute and proximity to all the stores and restaurants
- Adjustable desks – stand, sit, squat, or hang from the ceiling
- Powerful desktop machines to work on – the PC waits for you, not the other way around
- 1Gbit/s internet speed in the office, typically 300Mb/s at home
- We are crazy about taking time off with new and old video games, a day at the spa, sauna, or the beach (yes, Pärnu has a kickass beach!). A rested developer is a happy developer
- The team is phenomenal – over 40 people who are amazing to each other
- The living costs in Pärnu are extra low. Even the most expensive apartments in the center have their rent of around 400-500€ per month
- The living environment is probably one of the best and safest in the region. Check it out yourself: https://youtu.be/vJEAY3e4TBI
- We work in a nurturing company culture where personal growth is highly valued. Your professional skills will also get buffed at the speed of light
- We help you with relocation every step of the way to make sure it’s as smooth as possible
- At Gamecan, we prioritize the well-being of our employees by providing comprehensive health and wellness benefits. These include complimentary access to mental health professionals, gym memberships, and exclusive spa discounts to support both mental and physical well-being
- Additionally, our in-house professional masseur is available to help alleviate stress and promote relaxation
- To celebrate the joyous occasion of welcoming a new family member, we extend a special bonus of 1000€ to our employees as a token of our heartfelt congratulations
- Annually, we host a rejuvenating summer retreat, bringing together our global team members for a relaxing and enjoyable experience
- We incentivize employee referrals with a rewarding bonus system for successful hires
- Gamecan employees receive free complimentary access to Full Cycle Game Academy courses, while their immediate family members — parents, siblings, and children — benefit from a 50% discount on these educational offerings
- To further enhance our employees’ daily experience, we provide monthly cab credits, making the commute to work more convenient and stress-free
Due to GDPR reasons, we do not accept CVs sent via email. Please use our Career page or the relevant link directed in the job ad, to apply. Thank you!