This role is expected to begin as a remote position, paid relocation to Pärnu will begin once the probation period has ended.
Gamecan is looking for a Senior Producer to join our production team at Gamecan. Reporting to the Game Director, you undertake the role of managing the Production team to ensure the successful delivery of multiple, high-quality projects in line with agreed schedules and budgets. The role will require day-to-day management of our large and growing production team, maintaining clear communication with our team of producers, tech team, and other business stakeholders.
- Have five or more years of experience in games as a Producer, working with complex cross-disciplinary teams and having shipped at least one PC/Console title from concept to finish
- Experience in collaboration with technical, engineering, gameplay, release, or QA team
- Are capable of reading between the lines to identify the most critical points in development discussions;
- Proven track record of leading large teams to deliver high-quality deliverables successfully.
- Evidenced ability to manage multiple complex projects and client requirements successfully.
- Demonstrable strong communication and influencing skills across all levels of the business.
- Ability to communicate and comprehend technical information in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience with Unreal Engine is an advantage.
- Thrive on opportunities to engage in high-pressure problem-solving.
- Daily leadership and management of the production to ensure each team member is working from a tracked schedule (using internal tracking tools and standards) and has a strong sense of ownership, responsibility, and accountability for the quality and timeliness of their work.
- Work closely with the game director to plan resource requirements across the Production team.
- Collaborate with the game director and tech teams to balance creative vision with production realities.
- Work with project leads to define requirements and milestone deliverables.
- Coordinate the work of cross-functional teams to manage feature development.
- Build and maintain project backlogs, roadmaps, schedules, and documentation, and assist in the management of task and bug prioritization.
- Help define and scope core goals of the game to ensure that they are in accordance with all stakeholder requirements.
- Assess and manage project risks, resource blockers, quality concerns, and scope changes, and support in solving problems and resolving issues across the development team.
- Review and approve milestones against agreed deliverables and dates according to studio standards of quality and performance.
- Ensure critical business metrics are tracked and managed, providing reporting and management information as required.
- Managing all stakeholders and dependencies in the projects, dealing with a large number of different teams (and different dynamics).
- Maintaining project schedules and status reports, dealing with possible risks and inevitable changes/alterations to original planning before they impact the schedule or overall result.
Evaluate cross-discipline development pipelines to present well-researched improvement ideas to leads.
- Efficient scheduling and running of meetings, assessing all prior requirements, and ensuring goals are clear and followed up on.
- Contribute ideas openly and regularly for improvements to our studio practices at Gamecan.
- Mentoring junior producers.
- Lead excellent communication, positive working relationships, and teamwork across the team.
Good to have
- Experience with online multiplayer games and/or FPS titles.
- Familiarity with Agile and other traditional project management methodologies.
- Hands-on development experience in any development area – art, design, programming, QA, etc.
What do we have to offer
- The office is in a new development right in the center of Pärnu, providing a sub 15min commute and proximity to all the stores and restaurants.
- Adjustable desks – stand, sit, squat, or hang from the ceiling!
- Powerful desktop machines to work on – the PC waits for you, not the other way around.
- 1Gbit/s internet speed in the office, typically 300Mb/s at home.
- We are crazy about taking time off with new and old video games, a day at the spa, sauna, or the beach (yes, Pärnu has a kickass beach!). A rested developer is a happy developer!
- The team is phenomenal – nearly 50 people who are amazing to each other.
- The living costs in Pärnu are extra low. Even the most expensive apartments in the center have their rent of around 400-500€ per month.
- The living environment is probably one of the best in the region. Check it out yourself: https://youtu.be/V9FkzRMihUk
- We work in a nurturing company culture where personal growth is highly valued. Your professional skills will also get buffed at the speed of light.
- We help you with relocation every step of the way to make sure it’s as smooth as possible.
- We offer a wide range of benefits, including gym membership, Spa discounts, and monthly cab credit.