This role is expected to begin as a remote position, paid relocation to Pärnu will begin once the probation period has ended.
Gamecan is looking for a Technical Artist to join our technical art team. Working with art teams, engineers, and designers, you will help develop visual elements from the perspective of art and technology, assist in creating content pipelines and collaborate with our engineers on new features.
- Worked on at least two complete projects: college projects and mod projects are acceptable.
- Working knowledge of one or more 3D packages, including modeling, texturing, lighting, rigging, animation, scripting, and tool creation.
- Extensive knowledge of the Unreal Engine 4 material system.
- Knowledge of particle systems, environmental effects, cloth simulations, lighting, and dynamics.
- Knowledge of art concepts.
- Deep knowledge of 3D creation packages (Maya/Max/ZBrush/etc.).
- Comfortable working independently or within a group.
- Up-to-date experience and knowledge of current game development practices and terminology.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Self-driven team player with a strong work ethic.
- Work with the Art Teams and the Leads to deliver the game to the artistic vision.
- Develop visual effects and procedural art and menu systems.
- Work directly with engineers in C++ to manage 3D assets and materials.
- Research and create procedural art systems using mesh deformation and other techniques.
- Proactively identify new technologies and techniques that will improve the game.
- When required, create documentation of tech and processes for the wider team.
- Keep content within memory and CPU budget and performance guidelines.
Good to have
- Familiarity with CG-oriented programming languages, image manipulation and compression, video game hardware, advanced shading techniques, particle systems, character skeletons and kinematics, command-line systems, and real-time lighting is highly advantageous.
- Experience working with Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo hardware.
- Knowledge of C++, OOP, and how it integrates with Unreal Engine’s Animation System.
What do we have to offer
- The office is in a new development right in the center of Pärnu, providing a sub 15min commute and proximity to all the stores and restaurants.
- Adjustable desks – stand, sit, squat, or hang from the ceiling!
- Powerful desktop machines to work on – the PC waits for you, not the other way around.
- 1Gbit/s internet speed in the office, typically 300Mb/s at home.
- We are crazy about taking time off with new and old video games, a day at the spa, sauna, or the beach (yes, Pärnu has a kickass beach!). A rested developer is a happy developer!
- The team is phenomenal – nearly 50 people who are amazing to each other.
- The living costs in Pärnu are extra low. Even the most expensive apartments in the center have their rent of around 400-500€ per month.
- The living environment is probably one of the best in the region. Check it out yourself: https://youtu.be/V9FkzRMihUk
- We work in a nurturing company culture where personal growth is highly valued. Your professional skills will also get buffed at the speed of light.
- We help you with relocation every step of the way to make sure it’s as smooth as possible.
- We offer a wide range of benefits, including gym membership, Spa discounts, and monthly cab credit.