This role is expected to begin as a remote position, paid relocation to Pärnu will begin once the probation period has ended.
Gamecan is looking for an experienced Unreal Engine Lead Gameplay Developer who exhibits passion and curiosity in building complex gameplay systems and leading the entire gameplay programming team.
Working across multiple departments and in close proximity with the Game Director, you and your team will implement elements of multiplayer combat and character gameplay with a strong focus on the player experience.
You will develop and maintain the tools and systems necessary for designers to create missions, build complex gameplay mechanics, and balance the game.
- At least 5+ years of experience in the production of games for consoles and PC.
- At least one shipped project from start to finish as Lead Gameplay Programmer.
- Excellent knowledge of Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience working on multiplayer games.
- Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect game systems and tools.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong familiarity with AI, physics, animation, and gameplay code in general.
- Ability to diagnose problems and make quick and accurate decisions.
- Ability to write efficient and maintainable code.
- Experience with profiling and optimizations.
- Experience working on consoles such as PS4 and Xbox One.
- Experience with commonly used tools like Jira and Perforce.
- Proficiency with Source Control and knowledge of Continuous Integration.
- Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve.
- A keen sense of what makes gameplay systems fun.
- Excellent communication and team attitude working with game developers from all disciplines.
- High work ethic and self-motivated.
- Work closely with designers and programmers to prototype and build robust multiplayer game systems.
- Guide vital architectural decisions alongside team members while also ensuring best practices.
- Guide the programming team to meet deadlines and identify technical risks beforehand.
- Help solve complex gameplay engineering problems with elegant and creative solutions.
- Fix bugs and issues found via gameplay testing.
- Prototype and iterate on features while being responsive to constructive feedback
- Set up good testing frameworks within Unreal Engine to ensure realistic memory and CPU targets are met.
- Reporting to the Game Director and Producers to ensure milestones are carefully produced and adhered to, communicating complications and requests for extensions as early as possible
- Guide and mentor team members to ensure the Gameplay team is constantly growing its overall skillsets.
Good to have
- Experience with Third-Person Multiplayer Shooters.
- Experience working on a live service game.
What do we have to offer
- The office is in a new development right in the center of Pärnu, providing a sub 15min commute and proximity to all the stores and restaurants.
- Adjustable desks – stand, sit, squat, or hang from the ceiling!
- Powerful desktop machines to work on – the PC waits for you, not the other way around.
- 1Gbit/s internet speed in the office, typically 300Mb/s at home.
- We are crazy about taking time off with new and old video games, a day at the spa, sauna, or the beach (yes, Pärnu has a kickass beach!). A rested developer is a happy developer!
- The team is phenomenal – nearly 50 people who are amazing to each other.
- The living costs in Pärnu are extra low. Even the most expensive apartments in the center have their rent of around 400-500€ per month.
- The living environment is probably one of the best in the region. Check it out yourself: https://youtu.be/V9FkzRMihUk
- We work in a nurturing company culture where personal growth is highly valued. Your professional skills will also get buffed at the speed of light.
- We help you with relocation every step of the way to make sure it’s as smooth as possible.
- We offer a wide range of benefits, including gym membership, Spa discounts, and monthly cab credit.